February 19, 2021 5:23 PM
Boil Water Rescind Notice Guidelines
On February 17, 2021, the City of Spring Valley Village issued a Boil Water Notice as required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality when the City’s water distribution system pressure dropped below State-required levels.
The City has taken the necessary corrective actions to restore the pressure in the water distribution system to normal operating pressures. Consequently, the Boil Water Notice has been rescinded effective today, February 19, 2021, as of 4:45 p.m.
Since the Boil Water Notice has been rescinded, please follow these guidelines:
1. If you have turned off your water either at the shut off valve or at the meter, make sure you turn it back on.
2. Turn on both the hot and cold water at each faucet (including showers and bath tubs) to remove any air trapped in the lines.
3. If the water is cloudy or discolored, run water in the faucet until it is clear. Cloudy or discolored water is common due to the disturbance of the water lines.
4. If you have a water dispenser in your refrigerator, run water through it until it is clear or change the filter.
5. Ice cubes created by automatic ice dispensers should be emptied and run through a 24-hour cycle, discarding the ice to assure the icemaker water supply line has been cleared.
6. Run your dishwasher empty for a full cycle.
7. Discard any water used in humidifiers, CPAP machines, or any other electric devices that have a water reservoir and rinse the device with clean water.
8. Flush every toilet.
9. Change any in-line water filters you may have in your house.
If you have questions concerning this matter, you may contact City of Spring Valley Village Public Works Department at (713) 465-8308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.