Licenses, Permits, & Registrations
Both Residential and Commercial projects require 2 complete sets of scaled plans. Necessary proof of compliance from other agencies may be required at the time of submittal (i.e., Energy Code compliance via a 3rd party).
Review time for commercial and miscellaneous projects is between 7 and 14 days. All commercial plans require sign-off by Planning and Zoning chairman prior to issuing permit. Commercial plans must also be reviewed by the Fire Department at an offsite location.
Additional information may be obtained by calling 713-465-8308.
- Commercial Project Submittals
- Commercial Remodeling
- Other Required Permits
- Ordinance Chapters of Interest
- Helpful Telephone Numbers
- Site Plan: The site plan must show all setbacks, parking spaces, fire lanes, sidewalks, etc.
- Architect/Engineers Seals: Drawings must be signed and sealed by the design professional and accompanied by all required documents showing compliance with state law.
- Architectural Barrier
- Architecture Seals
- Energy Code Compliance
- Sprinkler systems
- Structural Engineer Seals
- Overall site plan of the building begins remodeling.
- Floor level and layout of the floor where the remodel is to take place is determined.
- Floor plan must be to scale and must indicate all proposed work. Professional design plans may be required depending on the scope of the work.
- Any demolition within the structure must provide an asbestos survey complying with Texas Senate Bill 509.
Chapters of interest are as follows:
- Chapter 12 for Zoning Districts and Regulations (setbacks, lot coverage, Specific Use Permits, etc.)
- Chapter 3 for Building Construction (adopted codes, tree survey and tree replacement ordinance, etc.)
- Chapter 5 for Fire Protection for new construction and all type of additions
- Chapter 9 for Subdivisions Regulations (lot size, lot width,
These are only a few city ordinance chapters and are mostly related to construction. Other chapters of interest may also be found by scrolling through the website. The information provided shall not be construed as a complete list of provisions of all local laws or any other state laws regulating construction or the performance of construction.
|Office / Department
|After Hours Water / Sewer Emergencies
|Permits and Inspections
|Building Official (Oscar Arevalo)
|Fire Marshall / Inspectors
|Utilities (water, sewer, streets, etc.)||713-465-8308 ext. 132
|CenterPoint Energy - Entex
|Street Light Repair (get pole number)